Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

"Gobble Gobble Flush"

"Gobble Gobble Flush", says the Turkey Toilet.

Turkey Toilet.
My newest Thanksgiving decoration.
My most visited bathroom.
My new thankful place.

Catalogs...lots of them are filling my mailbox. They go right from the mailbox to the trash. As I was throwing away a pile of them, one dropped and opened to something I had never seen before. A Thanksgiving toilet seat and tank set cover. That had my attention.

For $12.95 it is packed with Thanksgiving features.  The seat is covered in pilgrim clothes and the tank front has a big smiling turkey face. There is a Kleenex dispenser built into the black pilgrim hat on the tank. Cute. But that's not all...when you lift the lid it gobbles. Yes.....you heard me right... the battery operated sound effect goes off each time the lid is raised or lowered. Really.

This Turkey Toilet really says, "Gobble Gobble Flush!"

Seriously...who really buys this stuff?
I did.
My powder room got a Thanksgiving makeover. 
The reactions to this newest decoration have been priceless.



My intentions were really to have it for my nephew and niece when they visited. 

Lincoln and Emma. 

They are 5 and 3 years old...this would be a fun surprise for them. 

They did totally enjoy it. 


Emma went to the bathroom every 10 minutes. 
Great for potty training! 

Lincoln got a kick out of raising the lid just a little and closing it fast making it start and stop. Each time it half gobbled he laughed louder. 

I am not sure if that is teaching him to close the lid or leave it up??! oh well...


But...I forgot to tell my family about this new bathroom addition.

I received this text from Kristen, "Thanks mom for scaring me with the toilet!" 

Lynn's comment, "Why can't we live in a normal house?"

Cassidy, "Mom you paid for that?"

My sister Steph said her office had seen this in a catalog and got a big laugh over it. She was thrilled to experience it in person.

My mom... I heard her chuckling in the bathroom. I wonder why?

Our cats come flying out of the bathroom after setting off the gobbles by trying to drink out of the toilet but finding the lid down.

Eric just grinned BIG.

We had our small group over last night and I had forgotten about the turkey toilet until an older woman whispered in my ear, "I love your Turkey Toilet."  Big Smile!

Best part is you always know when someone in the bathroom. We all grin when the gobbles go off!
I never thought a toilet could bring so much joy :-). Each time I go into that bathroom it now reminds me to be thankful for the simple things and the people God has blessed me with to share in those simple joys.
What simple thing will you be thankful for that has brought you joy today? 
"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me."  
Psalm 16:6
Thanks for following my blog. Each one of your comments are great gifts to me. Keep them coming. Sign up above for a free subscription to my blog and get an email each time I post. Your email is only used for my posts. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

keep these blogs coming.

Anonymous said...

Who really buys these things???
Now I know.
Mature women, with Godly character who want to thrill their little charges.
You make me want to have one ... just for the fun.

Lindsey Short said...

YES! Love this! :)

Johanna Hyland said...

Thanks for laughing with me! Just incase your bathroom needs a makeover, this is where I found mine.

http://www.ltdcommodities.com/Holiday/Holiday-Decorating/Indoor/3-Pc.-Toilet-Sets-with-Sound/prod880610.jmp

Patty Billingsley said...

Yet another person smiling and laughing about your new bathroom addition! Thank You!