Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

"Be still!"

"Be still!" said Winter Storm 'Polar Vortex' 2014

Winter Storm 'Polar Vortex' 2014.

2-3 ft of snow so far.
-30 below plus temps.
Kalamazoo is snowed in big time.

My favorite day is snow day. 
Because a good winter storm always says, "Be Still!"

Be still ...empty shelves cleared of groceries.
Be still ...closed schools, churches and businesses.
Be still ...cancelled events and activities.
Be still ...snowed in homes filled with families and pets.
Snow days allow us to just be still...to enjoy the gift of time with family and to appreciate the beauty and power of winter at its best. 


We get to stay home and be still together.
There is time to talk, play games and shovel snow.
Time to do puzzles, watch movies and shovel snow.
Time to read books, catch up on chores and shovel snow.
Time to enjoy a fire, take a nap and shovel snow.

Time to make soup, shovel snow and.... 

....my favorite is...to just be still and watch it snow. 
While the snow decorates the outside, 
God decorates my inside with time to relax and enjoy his best gifts to me.
How do you ... or... how would you enjoy a snow day?

"Be still and know I am God."
Psalm 46:10


6 comments:

Glenys Nellist said...

Reading your blog :)

Unknown said...

We have out a puzzle, have shoveled a bit of snow, been still, and spent time as family. I often think of weather as a way God gets our attention and says to just stay put. However, you said it far better.

Sue said...

I have always liked snow days. You are so right. It quiets us, allows time with family and friends. Just watching the snow and wind outside (I've been staying inside) is amazing to me. You give a nice reminder to us of who it is who is in control... God and only God.

Johanna Hyland said...

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. Heading into snow day #2. I am still watching the snow but also watching for a glimpse of a snow plow and warmer temps. We all want to go out and play in this beautiful white snow.

anne@lifediscoverycoaching.com said...

I always loved a good "snow day". It was like an unexpected vacation.

So here is my question ... how can we have more "still days" ... without the snow?

Johanna Hyland said...

Anne..I always love your questions :-)